KOWEPO is endeavoring to overcome the limited business opportunities in the domestic generation field and activate its growth engine for the future in a bold and aggressive way. We are expanding our business sphere into overseas plant construction projects, the Community Energy Supply(CES) business--joint power projects with domestic private companies, and in North Korea through energy developing projects.
Overseas Plant Construction & Operation
- KOWEPO is closely working with KEPCO to promote international projects in order to share business Know-how and create synergy.
Experience in Power Plant
Constuction & Operation
- KOWEPO has established new organizations & a master plan to expand overseas business and conduct power generation projects in Sri Lanka and Cambodia, jointly with KEPCO
- We maximize our international value by combining KEPCO's internationally acclaimed financial soundness and KOWEPO's extraordinary experience & technological advancements in power plant construction, operation & maintenance. collaborations with KEPCO from the initial stage of project development allow us to build-up fundamentals for future profit.
Strategy of Specialization
Strategy of Exploitation
for Niche Market
new joint projects
Strategy of Diversification
Advancing as an integrated
Community Energy Supply (CES) and Joint Project with Private Companies
- KOWEPO is promoting its power supply business (i.e., in heating & cooling systems), in association with domestic private companies under the government policy of establishing decentralized power sources nearby electricity demanding areas such as new towns, large scale heat using areas, and the Free Economic Zone (FEZ).
- Making the most of our accumulated experience and technological advancements in plant construction, KOWEPO is conducting joint work with domestic private companies. By co-developing new projects in niche markets, we can greatly contribute to the domestic power industry.
Efforts to participate in energy developing project in North Korea
- In accordance with the Korean Peninsula energy developing scheme by KEPCO and the Korean government, KOWEPO is endeavoring to provide KEPCO with human efforts and exchange technical knowledge with relevant research institutes, making it a long term vision to participate in both the rehabilitation of old plants, and the construction of a new power plant, in North Korea.